The School recognises the need for continued Professional development of the staff. Each year a number of teachers attend various courses that will assist them in their classroom practise. It is expected that any member of staff who attends a course should disseminate the information gathered to the correct people in school. In addition, there has been whole school in-service training from guest speakers as well as looking at specific areas of education and whole school issues.
Below are some of the recent CPD courses our teachers have been delivered/attended.
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Child Protection Course
- Education Balkans Summit - by Google
- Scottish Education Fair
- Middle Leaders Course
- Implementation of new Maths curriculum
- Dealing with difficult people
- Talk for Reading and Writing in KS2 in the New National Curriculum by Pie Corbett
- PSHE Coordinators Role
- Familiarity with the draft National Curriculum for primary Science
- Yoga for Children
- 100 English games
- Time spent in an "outstanding" UK school