There is a strong sense of community amongst our population of parents, staff and students, many of whom frequently give up their own time to support the school in numerous ways. There are countless opportunities for new families to get involved in ISB - some are on a very informal basis, whist others involve joining the Parent-Teacher Association and attending regular meetings or events.
Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
The PTA is a link between the parents and teachers within the school with the common aim of wanting to create the best possible learning environment for the children which stimulates nurtures and encourages their development both academically, socially and personally. The PTA also wishes to offer parents and teachers an official platform from which to discuss concerns they believe to be of interest to other parents and teachers. One of our principal roles is as a fund-raising body to help put the 'cherry on the cake' for the children at school, hopefully having fun along the way. EVERY parent with children at the school is a member of the PTA and it is hoped that they will get involved to some degree during the course of their children's attendance at the school whether it be on the committee, coming to our monthly meetings, helping out at events or just attending events to help make them successful. The minutes will also keep you updated on the subjects discussed during these meetings and our announcement board will keep you informed on our latest projects! We have planned many great activities for the school year and we hope this year you will become involved in transforming them from ideas to reality, the same way many of you have helped on past events. By taking part in PTA activities and events, we get an opportunity to meet interesting people from different cultures and learn from each other's experiences. Your enthusiasm and creativity are most welcome.
Parent Teacher Association Facebook Page
In an effort to increase parental engagement with the PTA we've created a Facebook page to keep all parents up-to-date with current initiatives. Follow us on Facebook for all upcoming events.
What has the PTA accomplished recently?
- Winter parties: held for children in school.
- Green days: children had the opportunity to plant trees and flowers in the school grounds.
- PTA Dinner Dance: parents met, socialized and had fun!
- Gift Campaign for Special Needs Children School
- (200 new ‘Shoe Box’ gifts)
- The PTA Café
- ISB Children’s Festival: held at the end of school year (four years in a row now!)
The money raised was used for:
- Climbing Wall for ISB
- New musical instruments for our School Orchestra
- New Library equipment and software for the school
- 1000 Euros to Noi Orizonturi Familia for the renovation of the reception area and bathroom at the Oncology Fundeni Hospital
- 1000 Euros for a strabismus operation on a little girl
- 2000 Euros to Noi Orizonturi Familia for renovating rooms and buying some new beds for Pediatric leukemia floor at Fundeni Hospital
- 1000 Euros to Inocenti for Valentin’s heart surgery
- 500 Euros to Noi Orizonturi Familia supporting "I WANT TO GROW UP" Program of the Fundeni paediatric-oncology Ward
- 250 Euros to “Second Chance” Association for building a playgroung
- 200 Euros worth of school supplies to Marie Curie Hospital for Children
- 150 Euros worth detergents for the “ASOCIATIA PRO VITA “ for the orphange they support